Following the release of Grande's third studio album, Dangerous Woman on May 20, 2016 which met with positive reviews, Grande confirmed she began working and writing on the album on her Snapchat and Twitter in May 2016. Recording sessions began on May 6, 2016. On November 13, 2016, Ariana confirmed on Snapchat that she was done with the 4th album. She later clarified by saying, "I didn't mean to make an album, and I don't know if it's done at all, but I just have a bunch of songs that I really really like. I've been working a lot and have been creating and feeling inspired." On January 10, 2017, Ariana confirmed again by tweeting that she was done with the 4th album. Later, she deleted the tweet. On March 5, 2017, Ariana confirmed during the soundcheck of her Dangerous Woman Tour show in Toronto that the snippets (She Got Her Own, My Way, Sober) we've heard so far won't be on her fourth album,but songs may be part of a deluxe part of her album.
In a Q&A, Ariana said that the album will album will have around 10 tracks only and there is a possibility that the album will be a visual album.
She posted on her Snapchat and tweeted that she was in the studio on May 6, 2016 - June 29, 2016 - July 13, 2016. She was not able to record between May 28, 2016 and early June 2016 due to throat and sinus infection.
- July 22, 2016
- July 27, 2016
- July 30, 2016
- August 11, 2016
- August 12, 2016
- August 13, 2016
- I've Heard It Both Ways
- Collaboration with Jennifer Hudson
- Collaboration with Katy Perry
- Collaboration with Mac Miller
- Collaboration with Pharrell Williams
- Collaboration with Zedd
- Collaboration with Nicki Minaj
- My Way
- She Got Her Own
- Ariana wants to only have 10 tracks on her album.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Vevo/status/733359206863122433
- ↑ Youtube - Ariana Grande's Gone Platinum Blonde & Confirms She's FINISHED Her Fourth Album
- ↑ https://twitter.com/ArianaTodayNet/status/818958609287671808
- ↑ Instagram - July 22, 2016
- ↑ Instagram - July 27, 2016
- ↑ Instagram - July 30, 2016
- ↑ Instagram - August 11, 2016
- ↑ Instagram - August 12, 2016
- ↑ Instagram - August 12, 2016 studio
- ↑ Instagram - August 13, 2016
- ↑ http://www.eonline.com/news/815605/jennifer-hudson-and-ariana-grande-will-definitely-sing-together-again
- ↑ http://sivertimes.com/katy-perry-and-ariana-grande-in-duet-a-title-to-be-expected-for-the-next-album/18668
- ↑ http://m.onenewspage.com/video/20170309/7017380/Expect-Ariana-Grande-and-Pharrell-Williams-collaboration-soon.htm