|“||I'm really thankful that Dan Schneider, our executive producer, decided to have me dye my hair [red] because I get to be different. I love being different.||”|
– Ariana talking about Dan
Daniel James "Dan" Schneider (born January 14, 1966) is an American songwriter, actor, screenwriter, and producer of films and television. He and Ariana Grande are good friends. Dan has created 3 shows Ariana starred on which are Victorious, Sam & Cat, and iCarly.
He was born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee, to parents Harry and Carol Schneider. He attended Harvard University for one semester. After returning to Memphis, he worked repairing computers. Soon after, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career, and eventually a screenwriting career.
- He tweets about Ariana and the rest of the Sam & Cat cast often.
- In January 2013, Dan threw a party that Ariana attended. She later posted that she met a zebra at the party.
- Dan has once said, "Huge respect for the massive talents of Jennette McCurdy, Ariana Grande, Cameron Ocasio, Maree Cheatham, and Zoran Korach! Go Sam & Cat!"
- Dan attended Ariana's 18th birthday celebration.
- In the thank-you notes for Ariana's album Yours Truly, Dan was one of the people Ariana thanked.
- In Ariana's acceptance speech for receiving the Best New Artist award at the AMA's, she thanked Dan.
- While filming the Sam & Cat episode #TheKillerTunaJump, Dan scared Ariana and Jennette McCurdy (Sam).
- Ariana tweeted that Victorious needs a finale.