|“||[Ariana] has vocals that are just unbelievable, and I have so much respect for her because she is a true singer.||”|
– Demi on Ariana
Ariana first tweeted that Demi sounded "amazing" on her single "Heart Attack." Shortly after, Ariana's older brother Frankie Grande created a mash-up of Demi's and Ariana's singles "Heart Attack" and "The Way". After hearing the mash-up, Demi tweeted that she "loved it" and hinted that she wanted to collaborate with Ariana.
In an interview with in July 2013, Demi said that a collaboration with Ariana was in the works.
In July 2015, Ariana had her wisdom teeth removed so Demi replaced her as the heading act for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game concert. Demi performed her song "Made in the USA" and asked the crowd, "Who's proud to be an American?" Some fans believed Demi was throwing shade at Ariana because of her donut controversy where she said negative things about America. However, Demi confirmed that she was not talking about Ariana.
- Ariana originally performed the demo of the song "You're My Only Shawty" which ended up on Demi's 2011 album Unbroken. Some people have created a mashup duet between the two.
- Ariana said while doing Yours Truly fun facts on Twitter, that she originally wanted "You'll Never Know" to be a girl power duet with Demi Lovato.
- ↑ Demi confirming her full name
- ↑ Ariana tweeting about Demi
- ↑ Demi tweeting about the mash-up of "The Way"
- ↑ Demi confirms she will duet with Ariana
- ↑ Billboard - Demi Lovato Reacts to Speculation She Shaded Ariana Grande
- ↑ Twitter - Confident album
- ↑ Mirror - Demi Lovato and Ariana Grande spend weekend at CHARLES MANSON'S 'murder' mansion
- ↑ Inquistir - Ariana Grande Visits Manson Murder House with Demi Lovato
- ↑ Yours Truly fun facts