|“||My mom has taken amazing care of me and she’s just taught me so many amazing things that I feel like a lot of teenagers my age haven’t been fortunate enough to learn yet.||”|
– Ariana in an interview with Neon Limelight
Joan Grande-Butera (born June 11) is Frankie Grande and Ariana Grande's mother and Edward Butera's ex-wife. Her parents are Frank Grande and Marjorie Grande. It is shown that Ariana loves her mom very much and often tweets about her.
Relationship with Ariana
- Ariana has mentioned many times how much she loves her mother.
- Ariana usually walks with her to different places.
- She has also uploaded a YouTube video with her and her mom goofing around in their car which has since been removed.
- Ariana has said that she wants her mom's name, Joan, to be her own middle name. Many people believed that her middle name was already Joan, but Ariana confirmed in a tweet that Joan isn't her middle name, she just wants it to be her middle name.
- Ariana and Joan went to the Madonna concert in Vancouver on September 29, 2012.
- Ariana has said, "My mom is hard working and I was inspired to be like her."
- Ariana said her mom is "beautiful, generous, and the most incredible kick ass business woman!"
- Joan appears in one of Ariana's Keeks.
- In an interview with Complex magazine, Ariana said "My mom is a CEO and owns a company that manufactures communications equipment for the Marines and the Navy, so she’s not really the housewife type, if you get what I’m saying. She’s the most badass, independent woman you’ll ever meet—not the cookies-in-the-oven type."
|"You call for me, I'm right there."|
To view the Joan Grande gallery, click here.