Ricardo "Ricky" Alvarez (born July 13, 1992) is Ariana's ex-boyfriend and former backup dancer. He now dances for Ricky Martin and is a photographer.
Ricky was born on July 13, 1992 in San Diego, he is 5'10" tall and 70 kg. His mother's name is Sylvia Alvarez, his father John Alvarez and his sister Ryann Alvarez.
Relationship with Ariana Edit
Ricky became a backup dancer for Ariana in April 2014. Their first performance together was the Radio Disney Music Awards when Ariana debuted "Problem". Through the rest of the year, he (along with the rest of the dancers) performed with Ariana at countless events. He danced with her for many performances and music videos. Ricky appeared in the music videos for "Problem" and "Santa Tell Me". Ariana and all of her dancers became a close-knit group and would often spend time together outside of work. In the choreography for "Be My Baby" Ricky had a solo section with Ariana on stage.
In February 2015, he went on The Honeymoon Tour along with the rest of the crew, and fans began suspecting that he and Ariana were dating. They kissed onstage during Ariana's performance at the 2015 PRIDE festival in June, although some people thought the kiss was just part of the choreography. Their relationship was officially confirmed when Ariana and Ricky were seen in a donut shop in Los Angeles on July 4, 2015 where they kissed. They also spent the rest of the day together and watched fireworks. Ariana also posted pictures of herself with Ricky's sister and dog.
On July 24, 2016, Ariana tweeted "life is wild" & "and change is f*cking fantastic", which made fans suspect their relationship came an end. She then confirmed it by liking tweets that contained "forever boy cancelled". Neither of them confirmed the reason behind the breakup.
- Ariana and Ricky began dating in April 2015 and broke up in July 2016.
- They dated for 1 year and 3 months.
- Ariana's songs "Moonlight" and "True Love" are about Ricky.
- Ricky took Ariana on a date on a hot-air-balloon above the desert of Arizona
- Ricky hand-built a wooden recording booth and carved a crescent moon on it for Ariana
- Some fans speculate that her song "Forever Boy" is also about Ricky.
- Ricky left Ariana's dance crew after the breakup
- Ricky attended the Dangerous Woman Tour on the 31st of March.
- ↑ Instagram - Halloween 2014
- ↑ Instagram - 2am beach trip
- ↑ Instagram - Florida beach 2am
- ↑ Instagram - Be My Baby
- ↑ Hollywood Life - Ariana Grande Kisses Her Sexy Backup Dancer Ricky Alvarez During NYC Pride Set
- ↑ TMZ - Ariana at donut shop with Ricky
- ↑ Billboard - Ariana Grande Spotted Kissing Backup Dancer
- ↑ Twitter - Ariana with Ricky seeing fireworks
- ↑ TwitPic - Ariana & Ricky's feet
- ↑ Twitter - Ariana with Ricky's dog
- ↑ Twitter - Ariana with Ricky's sister