Ariana Grande describes her as a mean and tough girl, and the most open-minded about danger. She is a really loyal friend to the other Chanels, and the most timid, harmless, trustworthy, and least daring of the group. Sonya does not have any goals in life, she is just really happy to be part of The Chanels.
Physical Appearance Edit
Sonya's wardrobe includes a lot of Nasty Gal and House of CB London clothes. Her style is playful, but at the same time, daring. She likes to wear faux fur jackets and really high platforms.
She usually wears her brown hair in a ponytail and wears dresses with short tops.
- It is revealed in the episode Chainsaw (1.03) that her full name is Sonya Herfmann.
- Because she is a singer, Ariana Grande recorded only a few screams in the recording studio, and told Ryan Murphy to use those screams all the time that her character when needed to scream so her voice does not get damaged. When filming, she only opens her mouth and the scream is later added in post-production.
- She is the only one of the four Chanels to be recurring instead of main.
- Ryan Murphy noticed how Ariana Grande had been a big fan of his other show American Horror Story, so he got interested on casting her for one of his projects. When Ryan met her and told her about Scream Queens, Ariana loved the idea of the series and decided to be part of it.
- Sonya was supposed to appear in only one episode of the season, but Ariana Grande decided to return for more.
- Ariana wanted to come back to the show after her characters death, so Ryan Murphy wrote a funeral for Sonya and she visited Chanel in her dream.