|“||I heard her voice and personally I didn't even know anything about Ariana Grande back then. But I loved her voice and I told my manager that whoever the singer is, I wanna work with her.||”|
– Zedd about Ariana
Anton Zaslavski, known by his stage name Zedd, is is a Russian-German musician, electronic music producer and DJ. He is featured in Ariana Grande's second single, "Break Free", from her sophomore album. He also makes a physical appearance in the music video.
- Zedd knew he wanted to collaborate with Ariana Grande after he heard her voice for the first time at a showcase. He said, "I was backstage and I heard someone sing. And I didn't know who it was, and I just said 'I want to make a song with whoever is singing right now.' I didn't know who it was, and it turned out being her. And luckily, now there's a song!"
- They met for the first time on May 10, 2014, at Wango Tango after "Break Free" was finished recording.
- He wrote Ariana's song "Break Free" along with Savan Kotecha and Max Martin, and produced it with Max.
- Prior to working on "Break Free", Zedd and Ariana had both contributed a song to the soundtrack for the 2013 film The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones—Zedd's being an instrumental called "Into the Lair" and Ariana's being "Almost Is Never Enough" with Nathan Sykes.
- On March 11, 2017, Zedd confirmed that Ariana will be featured in a song of Zedd's third studio album.
|August 25, 2014 • 40:31 • Republic Records|
|Released||Bang Bang • Be My Baby • Best Mistake • Break Free • Break Your Heart Right Back • Cadillac Song • Hands On Me • Intro • Just a Little Bit of Your Heart • Love Me Harder • My Everything • One Last Time • Only 1 • Problem • Too Close • Why Try • You Don't Know Me|
|Unreleased||Ridiculous • The Way It Is|
|Ariana Grande • A$AP Ferg • Big Sean • Cashmere Cat • Childish Gambino • Iggy Azalea • Jessie J • Nicki Minaj • The Weeknd • Zedd|
|The Honeymoon Tour|